As a beginning photographer on the hunt for your first DSLR, you must be wary of making the mistake of buying a kit. Many of these kits include a camera body and two lenses. What you should look for is a quality DSLR body and a quality intermediate length lens that suits your medium term needs. BEST CAMERA FOR HUNTING
But when choosing the best DSLR camera as a beginner, you might be overwhelmed by technical jargon that is almost impossible to understand.
- The key to the popularity of digital SLRs is the ability to choose the best lenses and interchangeable lenses, and have less shutter lag behind.
- Image sensor size should be another consideration. It should be large enough to produce high quality images and basic features should allow for full manual operation and functionality if you choose.
- You want to be able to keep this camera for a long time, so build quality is also important.
- In terms of the image quality, just think of a game of paintball where all the intensity of every shot is recorded for everyone else to enjoy over and over again. Image resolution is measured in units called megapixels. The higher the megapixels of your camera, the better your picture quality.
Best DSLR Cameras for Beginners.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II is affordable, lightweight (2 lbs) and takes pictures like a pro. Whether you’re an amateur photographer trying to become a professional photographer or photojournalist, you can’t go wrong with 5D.
- The Powershot SD4000 IS offers limited manual controls (aperture- and shutter-priority only) for the newbie shooter looking for a simple interface.
- Canon’s Rebel Ti gives you the world of SLR photography in a small, light, eminently portable format. The grip conforms to the natural shape of your hand for the most comfortable shooting experience ever. Canon, for example, has the excellent G model.
- Nikon D7000 is one of the most beautiful digital cameras today and it is only fitting that the best wide-angle lens is chosen. Good for the Nikon D7000 is a camera lens with a focal length of 35 mm or less.
- Nikon D3100 gives beautiful photos and stunning full HD 1080p movies with sound and full-time autofocus. Easily lose other cameras to capture the action with a quick startup, shutter release in fractions of a second, 3 frames per second shooting and 11-point autofocus.
- Nikon’s Coolpix L20 point and shoot digital camera is one of the least expensive you’ll find that contains a 3.0-inch LCD. While it is not a DSLR, it is a great starting option and extremely versatile. With 10.0 megapixels of resolution, the L20 should give beginner photographers the ability to create large prints. It is one of my favorite cameras, compact and easy to use.